E.K. Machine Company has a history of more than 45 years supplying quality steel components and assemblies to the Agriculture, Construction, Food Process, Oil/Gas and Transportation Industries. We ship from the Midwest to the U.S. and a worldwide marketplace.
Starting in 1970 as a small machine and fabrication shop, E.K. Machine catered to local farm, construction, food equipment and trucking companies. The founder, Gary Errthum, purchased and updated a former brewery building to accommodate machining and welding. Over the next 20 years, the building grew to 10,000 sq. ft., 20 additional employees were hired and CNC machining and sheet metal fabrication capabilities were added.
By 1990, E.K. Machine had outgrown the Columbus facility. A new 20,000 sq. ft. plant was built nearby in Fall River, Wisconsin. In the following 10 years, the plant increased to 57,000 sq. ft. and added Laser, CNC precision forming and robotic welding. A second facility was also obtained to add powder coating paint capabilities.
By 2007, the Fall River plant had increased in size to 115,000 sq. ft. with the addition of in house powder coating and a new state of the art welding department. New corporate offices were completed in 2009.
In 2014, E.K. Machine completed a new 55,000 sq. ft. facility for our Power Products division.
In 2018, E.K. Machine completed a 9,000 sq. ft. addition to our Power Products facility.
E.K. Machine will complete a 42,000 sq. ft. addition to our Power Products facility in the Summer of 2019.
E.K. Machine currently employs nearly 200 team members across 3 shifts and continually invests in capital equipment upgrades and additions.
The Errthum Family and staff at E.K. Machine hope you gain valuable knowledge of our capabilities through this website and we invite you to visit our facilities in Fall River, WI, just north of Madison.
E. K. Machine Manufacturing Achievements:
- 1975 - Columbus Chamber Of Commerce Manufacturer of the Year
- 1993 through 2001 Germania Quality Achievement Awards
- 2000 - Columbia County Manufacturer of the Year Award
- 2000 - State of Wisconsin Manufacturer Award
- 2005 - DeLaval Outstanding Performance Award
- 2006 - ISO 9001-2000 Certification
- 2007 - Monroe Truck Preferred Supplier Award
- 2013 - ISO 9001-2008 Certification
- 2014 - Columbia County Large Business of the Year
- 2014 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year "Workforce Development"